Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tide Is Now #2 and #4

One more post about Alabama football and then I will have it out of my system for the week.

Patti just looked up the new rankings for Week #5. I heard a scream come out of the office. I knew it was a good kind of scream. Alabama is #2 in the AP poll and #4 in the important Coach's poll. They jumped from 8th to 2nd in the AP and 10th to 4th in the Coach's poll. LSU and Missouri are ahead of them.

Oklahoma (#1) will be playing Texas (#7) on October 11 and then Missouri meets Texas the week following. I wonder if Texas could beat both of them??? That may be asking too much out of that young team. I'll be rooting for them anyway.

I can say something that I've not been able to say for a long time. I think Alabama will play one game at a time the rest of the season. Any team can get beat on any given Sunday. That's what parity has done for us. I hope I can enjoy each week for the next month and a half! This week I just need to enjoy being #2 and #4 for a change.

We had a great evening last night. Our Children's Pastor, his wife, and three children joined our kids and their three children at our home for the game last night. There were 14 of us all together--8 adults and 6 children. It was a great group. I cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and Patti fixed several other dishes. A good time was had by all, except maybe the Georgia fans who were in attendance.

Today I've already had a noon luncheon where we trained mentors for out new New Believer Track. I will go back to church in about an hour and a half for the Alpha class. I should be out 8:00-8:30, so it will make for a long day. Then tomorrow it will be back to the teaching routine again. I can't wait to sleep again until 7:00 or 7:30. I guess Saturday will arrive in another 6 days.

Hope you have a good week coming up.

No comments: