Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hiatus Is Over

The "vacation" is over and I was suppose to be back on Journey of a Lifetime on June 23, but here it is July 12. I could not get back into a routine after we got back, but the hiatus is over.

Patti and I had a great time in San Francisco. We did the "tourist thing", but had a great time doing it. Yes, we rode the trolley cars, but found that the subway was the best way to travel in that city. We did a city-wide tour and spent several hours at Muir Woods. The National Park was absolutely awesome. Patti felt like it was the best part of the trip.

We went on an evening tour of Alcatraz. Left the dock about an hour and half before sunset and came back after dark. It was great, except, my audio became disconnected during the tour and I wandered without directions for about 30 of the 45 minutes audio tour. My family says that is typical "me"!

We celebrated our 33rd anniversary on a Dinner-Dance cruise around the Bay. It was beautiful. They served us a five-course dinner and the band played music from the 60's to the present. Yes, for those of you who know Patti well, we did the Twist, danced to some of the 60's music, and while we danced to "Pretty Woman" we sang the words with everybody else. It was fun.

We got home about 1:30 a.m. and decided to put everything up. I guess we got to bed about 2:30 or after and then I went to work at noon on that Monday. It has not slowed down since. Patti picked up her mother in Mobile and they arrived back on July 1. We had a fantastic Fourth of July and the celebration with our whole family is still going on. I've got a feeling that it will continue until Patti takes her mother back this coming weekend.

I am leading our discipleship emphases to start Alpha in September, as well as our second semester of Abundant Life University. We are in the process of enlisting participants for Alpha. We got our first one last week. Our goal is to have 20-25 by September 7. That may be a really healthy goal, but we will push for it. Also lining up teachers and courses for ALU. This July-August will be a hectic time of planning and making things happen. I 'll let you know in mid-August how it has turned out.

Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are and enjoy those closest to you.

No comments: