Saturday, July 26, 2008

These Are Busy Days

I have two major projects that I'm working on for about the next three weeks.

One project is rolling out another semester of Abundant Life University for the church and launching the first Alpha Course. Both are scheduled to begin on September 7. I will be facilitating the study of Jim Cymbala's Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire and leading part of the Alpha Course. They will be held on the same evenings, so that should be a challenge. I think we have it worked out.

The second project is getting ready to teach four daily classes: 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, and a Junior/Senior class. I am presently designing a syllabus for the Jr./Sr. High class and will follow it up with some lesson plans. Then I will do the same thing for 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. This is a whole new learning curve for me, but I am enjoying the opportunity to be creative.

In between these two major projects I'll be teaching a "Teachers In Training" class for prospective teachers and substitutes during August and then I'll be filling in for one of the Sunday morning Adult Bible classes for at least the month of September.

I think my schedule this fall is pretty well filled up. I guess it could be a little overwhelming, but I learned a long time ago to just take one step at a time and that is what I'm doing. I'll fill you in as the weeks roll out. I am looking forward to the next three months!

No comments: