Monday, June 16, 2008

Vacation In Progress

I am on vacation. I have not been off since last Christmas, so this time off is great. The weekend has been wonderful. We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday and had four fathers present for the event. It was Steve's first time to celebrate it as a father. I cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and Patti made potluck potatoes and her bean dish to go with it. We ended the day with nine of us playing Balderdash.

This was the weekend of the U.S. Open and I think the first time it was shown in prime time. We watched it Saturday and Sunday night and then because I was on vacation, I got to see the play-off today. I guess that is the most golf that I've got to see in a long time. Miranda hung right in there with me.

Tomorrow morning Patti and I leave for San Francisco. I cut the grass yesterday in the middle of the afternoon when it was 99 degrees. Man, was it ever hot. I just kept taking breaks and drinking water. Today I completed all the final details for our trip. I am looking forward to getting away for a few days and leaving behind my weekly routine. I think we will enjoy every moment of being a tourist in and around San Francisco Bay! I have our tours lined up, but also plenty of free time to use as we are moved to do so.

I'll get back on here again starting Monday, June 23.

No comments: