Thursday, March 20, 2008

What Does the Next Week Hold?

Yesterday was one of those long days. We got home just before 10:00 P.M. It was after a day at work, Wednesday Prayer Meeting, and then dress rehearsal for our Easter Sunday morning drama. After being involved in the retail environment during Holy Week the past five years, I forgot how hectic it can be leading up to Easter Sunday.

The drama was written by our own people and is absolutely awesome. The drama includes film footage of two scenes, inspiring music, and of course, live action. The message is dynamite and will be a terrific lead-in to our pastor's sermon. I am proud of what our creative team has done with the whole production and the technicians and actors are outstanding. Can't tell you anymore than this, since some of the people who will see it may be reading this post. My lips are sealed!

I am looking forward to a wonderful weekend. It will be the first Saturday and Easter Sunday that I've been off in five years. I'm going to watch some of the March Madness games on Saturday and then we are going to have a dress rehearsal on Saturday night. On Sunday our family will all be together after church. I'm going to cook on the grill and Patti will do her thing inside. These family gatherings that we have is something that I've dreamed about for years. It is now happening.

Next week, following Easter, should be a time of new birth and renewal. Tiffany will probably have her baby on Tuesday. The baby is about 42 weeks in size and they will do an amniocentesis on Tuesday to see if they can take her early. Based on those test results, Tiffany could be scheduled for noon Tuesday. The baby's name will be Kallie Grace (Tiffany will kill me if I've misspelled that first name). Anyway, we are looking forward to next week with great expectation.

If you are not sure where you are going on Easter Sunday morning, join us...you can sit next to us! Happy Easter wherever you are.

No comments: