Friday, September 27, 2013

Amazed By What I Don't Understand

Just when I think I am comprehending how the human body works, I realize that I am still in the starting blocks. Let me share with you the latest that I've discovered.

I increased my calorie consumption by about 300 calories. It was difficult to consume those extra calories, but I have followed that change since this past Tuesday. I gained 1.5 pounds. That did not exactly get me excited! Yet, I was told that it will take a few days for my body to "catch up" to the change. I decided to give it a chance, but did not want to gain more than 5# in order for it to adjust.

This morning I worked out for about 55 minutes. It felt really good. I ate some breakfast (would recommend that to anybody starting out) and then got cleaned up to go to work. I decided that I would put on some new jeans I bought in Mobile during our vacation in early August. They were snug when I bought them (new size), but I knew I would grow into them.

Get this--since I bought the jeans, my weight has fluctuated 2-3 pounds and I have really not lost any weight. I put on the jeans and they fit! I think it would be safe to say that I am even closer to the next lower size than I am to a perfect fit. I don't really understand that fully, but I'll give it a try. If I am wrong about my understanding, just correct me.

Muscle weighs more than fat. I think I have lost some additional fat and replaced it with muscle,, yet I am not losing 2# a week like I did before I started getting serious about this working out. I would not trade what I've accomplished at Dynamic Fitness for the weekly two pound loss! I am interested to see what will happen over the next 90 days.

If you need some extra motivation, come and join me at Dynamic Fitness. I begin every Monday-Friday at 5:25 A.M and I'm through no later than 6:30. I'll even teach you what I've learned about food. If this kind of regiment is not for you, just get out and start walking. You will be surprised and maybe even AMAZED at your results, even if you don't understand everything! Later...

No comments: