Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Thanksgiving Thought

Today I spent some time cleaning out old stuff from in and around my desk. I discovered a journal I had written when my son-in-law and I went to England and Italy in early 2002. It was fun reading it again and seeing things that I had forgotten Here's a synopsis of what I experienced:


Our trip was only five months after 9/11 so nobody was on the plane with us...we each had three seats to ourselves, which makes for good sleeping.


  • Four days of sightseeing...we saw all the John Wesley sites, plus the London the world sees

  • Two stage plays

  • Trip to Oxford to see the "Soul Survivor" Church, which is located outside the city. It is where Mark Redmon wrote a lot of his music that we've been singing for the last 10 years.

  • I realized today how fortunate I was that Steve took me to the Soul Survivor Church.

  • The highlight of Rome was the Coliseum and St. Peter's...drizzle went everywhere with us.

  • Rode a Euro Star fast train to Florence and then on to Venice. Not too excited about Florence, but loved Venice.

  • Met a couple by the name of Loftus, which was my mother's maiden name. They were from the same county in Ireland that our family was from. I was probably related to them in some way.

The whole trip was a wonderful experience and it was great to be with Steve, who would later become my son-in-law. They are with us during this Thanksgiving holiday and I am thankful to God that we started working together in 1994 and he is part of our family now. You never know what will happen!!


No comments: